Need a buy to let mortgage - we can help you
You might be considering your first rental property? Or already have an established property portfolio? Here at The Mortgage Broker Dorset, we look forward to discussing and creating options for your mortgage needs. Whether it is for a new mortgage, re-mortgage or further advance we are always here to help.
The Buy to Let market is still a very attractive market to be in but is under constant review with many recent regulation changes. As of April 2018, any property to be let out must achieve an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E or above. And in October 2018 the Ministry of Housing, Community and Local Government started to enforce regulations regarding minimum room sizes for houses of multiple occupancy (HMO’s).With the changes to taxation on Buy to Let Properties some landlords are choosing to hold their properties within a limited company. Whether your limited company is set up just for buy to lets or is a trading company we can find the right mortgage for you.
More lenders are also offering further advances which are often used by landlords to raise additional money for a deposit on a new property to expand their portfolio. Some lenders including BM (Birmingham Midshires) solutions only operate through intermediaries, such as ourselves.Finally, numerous landlords are now recommending their tenants have Income Protection policies in place to protect their income. This ensures tenants continue to receive an income and can pay their rent should they be unable to work due to illness. Some landlords have added a clause to this effect into their ASTs (Assured Short-term Tenancy agreements).
In summary, working alongside both new and established landlords we will:
- Offer a free appointment in person or over the phone within 24 hours
- Access the mortgage market to secure the best Buy to Let mortgage for you
- Offer Buy to Let mortgages for first time landlords, experienced landlords and those using a limited company to hold their properties.
- Offer comprehensive portfolio reviews
- Consider further advances for you with existing lenders
- Offer advice taking into account the recent changes with buy to let regulations